Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fin

I can't believe I've made it to the end of Learn & Play!

Overall, I have enjoyed the experience. I learned about a lot of new resources and how I can use them in my everday life. I don't spend much time in front a computer or with my cell phone so things like Twitter or delicious haven't grabbed me like they have others. I did find some cool websites and new ways to share information with my friends.

I particulary liked Library Thing and the Wikis.

But ... I think the best thing about Learn & Play has been how it forced us to work together to figure out what the heck we were doing. I heard staff interacting on a whole new level. That's nice to see.

I struggled a bit with completing the activities because I was in Europe for three weeks (honeymoon!). I still managed to fit everything in but it felt more like an obligation than a diversion in the past few weeks. I'm glad we had some extra time to finish but could we do future exercises over a longer period of time? Maybe one or two assignments per month?

I would definitely participate in any future development programs. I love to learn new things. It's good for me and more fun than eating my vegetables.

Many thanks to Joy and everyone who put this together. It was a good experience.

No comments: