Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fun with Web 2.0 Tools

In searching through the Web 2.0 award winners, I stumbled upon two tools that will help me enjoy two of my greatest loves - food and music.

First I went to UrbanSpoon and found the UrbanSpoon Columbus with details on hundreds of Columbus restaurants. The site features reviews from critics and regular folks but what I really love is that the site shows a percentage of UrbanSpoon folks who like the place. Plus - you can search by neighborhood or ranking. I can see myself use this tool every few weeks or so when my husband and I can't decide where to dine.

I also played around with Pandora radio. You type in an artist or song you like and they play songs and artists like your selection. I tried to trip it up by entering "Joni Mitchell" and I'm listening to a CSN&Y song that I forgot existed (but love!). I think I'll be coming back to Pandora Radio. Hey ... now it's Norah Jones. Nice!

No comments: